This mini board is MIDI control electronics converting multiple keyboards, or sets of potentiometers into MIDI. It has no keyboard scanning ability on board, instead it works with up to 5 scanners of any kind. Equipped with scanners it creates midi hardware required for up to 640 keys in 10 keyboards plus 64 potentiometers and 100 dual-line character displays. Typical applications are MIDI controller for VTPO (Virtual Theatre & Pipe Organ) like Hauptwerk, MidiTzer, as well as custom MIDI controller surface for Ableton Live, or Reason and many others
- MIDI merge input for stacking with any existing MIDI equipment
- 5 inputs for connecting keyboards or potentiometers scanner
- user defined split point independent for each keyboard
- user defined key range for each keyboard/split
- user defined MIDI channel for each keyboard/split and analog input
- user defined MIDI event type for each keyboard/split and analog input
- Program Change via numeric keypad
- recognizes Hauptwerk text messages and puts them in MiDisp, and miniLCD
- can control LEDs of LITSW module with incoming MIDI notes
- configurable via the KEYPAD or MIDI System-Exclusive messages
- all settings stored in nonvolatile memory
- onboard MIDI DIN sockets
- requires 5-12V DC power supply, current consumption widely depending on number and type of scanners used (5-300mA)
- dimensions 71 x 32mm (2.8'' x 1.3'')
- more marketing talk
The board shown above has 5 connectors for scanners, two MIDI sockets, and screw terminal for power supply.
There is also 6-pin header for connecting the "EDIT" button, and optional external activity LEDs.
There can be 5 chains of keyboard scanners (only up to 2 per chain), and 1 chain of potentiometer scanners (up to 64 pot inputs total).
download user manual
Email for details