This MIDI controller electronic board is suited for use in medium organ setups. By itself it works with 2 keyboards and a few additional controls, but in most expanded version it covers 384 contacts in
up to six keyboards, plus 80 inputs for special functions, swell pedals and potentiometers.
It is main component of various organ configurations and by adding few scanners it can be sized according to user's needs.
Typical application is conversion of old organ consoles to MIDI, making them playable with Hauptwerk Virtual Pipe Organ especially that it is capable of displaying text messages from Hauptwerk when equipped with LCD panels.
Together with pedal controller it is all you need for most common organ console consisting of 2 keyboards,
pedals and expression pedals, including performance controls like volume control, octave jumps, and more. It may be as well used as single board solution in custom MIDI controller keyboard
or VST control surface.
- single board translates 1 or 2 keyboards of 64 keys connected in 8x8 diode matrix into MIDI,
- automatic detection of diode matrix topology
- MIDI IN for merging MIDI traffic with another system, or to control LCD or LEDs via MIDI
- 2 inputs for optional keyboard/pedalboard scanner adding up to 128 keys each
- 8 potentiometer inputs (expandable to 72), each with user defined MIDI channel and function
- 7 control switch inputs, user configurable
- unlimited transpose up/down, global or independent for each keyboard in semitone and octave steps
- user defined MIDI channel for each keyboard
- user defined split for every keyboard in the system
- all settings stored in nonvolatile memory
- requires 5-15V DC power supply, about 4mA current consumption
- MIDI DIN cables, with matching plug to the board included with order
- dimensions: 83x39mm (3.2''x1.5'')
- more marketing talk
The board shown above has 2 16-pin IDC headers for 2 keyboards, 10-pin header for potentiometers and another 10-pin header for user defined special functions switches. All of them are predefined with usable functions, but every input can be changed by user by a few keypad clicks.
4 smaller whitish connectors are for MIDI OUT and IN cables, as well as scanners (i.e. additional keyboards, displays, or potentiometers). If you are familiar with other controllers from MIDI-hardware, this can be compared to a half of MRG2 with one DMS-2K, one POT12 and a bit more
You may be interested also in the following products (click the image for more info):
FatBreak adaptor for easy connec to Fatar keyboards
RibbonTail 16-wire ribbon cable for contact inputs
download user manual
Email for details