This small sized board was designed for smaller MIDI setups, like single MIDI keyboards with advanced features. Connects directly
to one 5-octave keyboard accompanied by 4 analog inputs, and can be expanded by more scanners of any kind. So depending on chosen scanner boards
it can create MIDI instrument with up to 319 keys in 5 keyboards plus 68 potentiometers. It can be used as MIDI controller for small sized VTPO (Virtual Pipe Organ)
like Hauptwerk, MidiTzer and others, where multiple keyboards, stops, pistons and other controls are much appreciated
From the drop-down list under the price you can select required cable length from the board to MIDI OUT socket.
- onboard 63 inputs for common bus 5-octave keyboard
- onboard 4 analog inputs for potentiometers, voltages, expression pedals, mod wheels
- 2 scanner inputs for connecting keyboards or potentiometers scanner
- user defined split point independent for each keyboard
- user defined key range independent for each keyboard/split
- user defined independent MIDI channel for each keyboard/split and analog input
- user defined independent MIDI event type for each keyboard/split and analog input
- Program Change via numeric keypad
- all settings stored in nonvolatile memory
- requires 5-12V DC power supply, current consumption widely depending on number and type of scanners used
- MIDI DIN cable, with matching plug to the board included with order
- small size: 2x15.5cm (0.8''x6.1'')
- more marketing talk
The board shown above has 5 connectors for ribbon cables. The smaller one, with 6 pins, contains 4 analog inputs, and also +5V and GND to use as top and bottom rails of all 4 potentiometers. 4 bigger connectors are for keyboard contacts. On the left side there are 2 connectors for scanners, a socket for MIDI cable adaptor (included with order),
and the small one for power supply. One last 64th input in the group of keyboard contacts is used as "EDIT" input, for setting all MIDI parameters with
lowest 10 keys as numeric entry (no computer required).
With additional scanners the system can be expanded to have several keyboards, more analog inputs, and 2-line character display.
It's only a matter of plugging selected type of scanner. There can be 2 chains of keyboard scanners, and 1 chain of potentiometer scanners
(up to 64 pot inputs total). If you're familiar with other products from this website, this board is an equivalent of
connected to half sized MRG3
and with 1/3 of POT12.
All features and settings of MRG boards are the same also for MBBS.
You may be interested also in the following products (click the image for more info):
half-WIPLUG adaptor for solder-free connection of existing contact wires
RibbonTail 16-wire ribbon cable for contact inputs
download user manual
Email for details